Job Opportunities at Junction City CrossFit
We have two opportunities to build your career and education in the fitness industry: Internships & Job Opportunities
WHO ARE WE?
Junction City CrossFit is at 1017 N Washington and has been proudly serving the Junction City, Fort Riley, and Geary County communities since 2012. We offer CrossFit classes, personal training options, CrossFit Kids, boot camp and online + in-person nutrition coaching.
Essentially, we run a character-development program disguised as exercise. We believe anyone can find (and improve) their inner athlete, and we use a combination of lifestyle, health, and fitness coaching to help people break down obstacles, build healthy habits, and become happier, healthier, and more productive in life.
WHO ARE YOU?
You’re an awesome coach who understands that we’re in the people business. Our athletes deserve more than just rep counters holding a clipboard, and you know the real keys to help them succeed are genuine care and connection. You know your stuff; you coach without ego; and you come with “batteries included.” Being a steward of health and active living drives your passion for constant learning and sharing, and you have something unique to contribute to our amazing and supportive community.
The right candidate will be considered for up to 30 hours of employment per week.
TEAM MEMBER QUALITIES:
- Has led or been part of a cooperative team
- Excellent communicator who loves to work with people
- Understands and believes in JCCF’s core values
- Holds a high regard for personal and professional integrity
- Committed to building a professional coaching career
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- Maintains personal care and is an avid workout enthusiast
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in related field, but experience can override).
- 1+ year of CrossFit training at a recognized CrossFit affiliate.
- 1+ year of CrossFit coaching at a CrossFit Affiliate (Level 1 must be in good standing; Level 2 preferred).
- 2+ years in a customer-service position.
- Current First Aid / CPR certification.
- Well-versed in CrossFit methodologies, safe movement patterns, and experience working with different populations and programs including novice, injured, pregnant and post-partum athletes.
- Positive and outgoing with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead a group and command a room without ego.
- Flexibility to work as early as 5am and/or end as late as 730pm Monday-Friday + rotating Saturday availability.
- Preference given to candidates with specialty program certifications such as Olympic Lifting, Nutrition.
- Effectively coach up to 6 classes a week (including rotating weekend shifts) while upholding JCCF coaching standards.
- Availability for up to 12 one-on-one sessions per week for new athletes.
- Up to 5 hours of admin responsibilities including, but not limited to: “Back of House” hours (gym upkeep, equipment maintenance, inventory); Desk hours (athlete goal setting, new athlete interviews, consultations, membership sign-ups); Staff meetings (discussions of program design, member updates, new membership and business development)
- Actively engage in Coaches’ Facebook group + Athlete’s private Facebook group.
- Assist in organization, marketing, and execution of events, seminars, and challenges along with monthly content to be shared via JCCF social networks.
- Maintain Junction City CrossFit quality standards by following documented procedures (opening, closing, cleaning, attendance tracking, welcoming new members, etc).
- Follow all other terms and protocols outlined in Coaching Agreement.
We’re always seeking applicants. Email your 1-page resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com
If you do not possess the requisite education or experience, we recommend you start by going through our internship process.
**Please note: Our staff will invest considerable resources into your education and development. Participants should treat this as an education and development course.
The 12-week program is broken into two learning categories: The Business of Fitness and Coaching. You’ll work closely with our Director of Training to dive deep into building your coaching skills, customer service skills, and business education.
Two internship tracks are held annually: Contact us for session dates
Want To Work at Junction City CrossFit?
Fill out the form below to learn more about our internship and coaching opportunities.